Cake for breakfast it’s! Pumpkin breakfast cake is a pleasant breakfast cake to snack on all season lengthy. It’s made with a scrumptious brown sugar pumpkin swirl and chocolate chips.
This recipe was impressed by our new pumpkin muffin recipe and our pumpkin pancake recipe. We wished to provide you with a breakfast bread, er cake, that happy our candy tooth, but that was naturally sweetened.
Our pumpkin breakfast cake is mild and fluffy due to all-purpose flour and is extraordinarily moist due to pumpkin puree, mashed banana, and coconut oil. The pumpkin brown sugar topping is the bee’s knees and provides a touch of candy to each chew. Bake it at 350ºF for 40 minutes.
What’s in pumpkin breakfast cake?
This recipe requires pantry staples similar to all-purpose flour, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract, eggs, and coconut oil.
- Flip it into muffins: as an alternative of baking this as bread, be at liberty to fill a muffin tin as an alternative. Bake at 350ºF for 20-23 minutes.
- Use white complete wheat flour: we examined this recipe with white complete wheat flour. Whereas it does come out a bit dense, it’s nonetheless scrumptious.
- Add-ins: should you’re not a chocolate chip for breakfast form of individual, be at liberty to swap it for a chopped nut.
- Don’t love bananas?: you should use applesauce as an alternative for a much less intense taste.
Are you able to make this breakfast cake with out eggs?
Whereas we haven’t examined this, be at liberty to swap the eggs for flax eggs, as an alternative.
Are you able to make this gluten-free?
To make this recipe gluten-free, swap the all-purpose flour for an all-purpose gluten-free flour mix.
Can I exploit a loaf pan?
This cake will slot in a loaf pan. Modify the bake time and let cook dinner for 50-60 minutes. If the highest begins to brown, tent it with a chunk of tin foil.
Retailer leftover cake within the fridge for as much as 3-5 days.
Prepare dinner the cake as directed after which let it cool for 1 hour. Take away it from the pan after which wrap it tightly in a chunk of tin foil. Freeze for as much as 3 months.
Since this can be a breakfast cake, we recommend serving this with a sizzling cup of pour over or French press. I personally topped mine with a scoop of peanut butter (as a result of I’m obsessed) and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a 9×9-inch pan with parchment paper.
Add all the dry components to a bowl and whisk collectively. Put aside.
Subsequent, add the banana, pumpkin, and eggs into a big mixing bowl and whisk till mixed. Add the vanilla, almond milk, and maple syrup and blend once more.
Slowly add the dry components to the moist components and blend.
Lastly, add the coconut oil and blend. The batter ought to be thicker. A runny batter will outcome n a mushy middle. Switch the batter to the lined pan.
In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin and brown sugar. Add dollops of the brown sugar combination to the highest of the batter. Use a knife or toothpick and swirl the pumpkin excessive of the cake. Prime with extra chocolate chips.
Bake for 20 minutes, flip the pan 180º, and bake for an extra 20 minutes.
Take away from the oven when a toothpick comes out principally clear. It’s going to proceed to bake for a couple of minutes.
Gently raise the parchment paper and place the cake on a cooling rack. Permit the cake to chill for not less than quarter-hour earlier than slicing.
Ideas & Notes
- This recipe was rewritten on October 5, 2023.
- You might have to skinny out the batter with 2-4 tablespoons extra almond milk if it’s not pourable.
- The bake time might fluctuate based mostly on what oven is used and if you’re baking at elevation.
Energy: 226kcal Carbohydrates: 37g Protein: 5g Fats: 7g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 13g