This web site might comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my disclosure coverage.
Juicy and succulent filet mignon is ideal for dinner or any special day! Tender steak is seasoned, seared, and basted with garlic herb butter. This can be a steakhouse-quality recipe that is very easy to make at residence!
At my home, a steak dinner is such a deal with! It’s everybody’s favourite and at all times what they ask for on their birthdays and different particular events. If your loved ones is similar method, you must do that tremendous simple Juicy Air Fryer Steak, this scrumptious Skillet Salisbury Steak, and this divine Ribeye Steak.
What’s Filet Mignon?
Filet mignon is a minimize of meat taken from the smaller finish of the tenderloin of a cow. Mignon is a French phrase that interprets to imply, “cute”, “dainty”, and “tender.” Eating places use the title to explain a smaller thicker minimize of meat. It’s so extremely tender as a result of it actually melts in your mouth! This filet mignon recipe is seared and flavored with the perfect of the perfect! Butter, complete garlic cloves, and contemporary herbs.
I like steak and all that you could eat with it. You possibly can pair it with so many sides like greens, salads, and bread, and it tastes SOO GOOD. Make this meal full with mashed potatoes, this crisp inexperienced salad, and gentle fluffy rolls! Your friends will thanks again and again for the yumminess of this “steak home high quality” dinner!
Cooking filet mignon is straightforward and easy. This steak would even be scrumptious topped with my cowboy butter or this compound butter. Make this recipe your personal! You could find the precise measurements beneath within the recipe card.
- Olive Oil: Warmth the olive oil within the skillet to assist sear and brown the steaks.
- Filet Mignon Steaks: I take advantage of 4, 6-ounce filets for this recipe.
- Kosher Salt: Coarse salt is ideal for seasoning steak.
- Cracked Black Pepper: I like the added texture and spice of cracked black pepper. You’ll at all times discover me sprinkling on further!
- Dried Italian Seasonings: Provides nice taste and seasons the steak.
- Butter: The butter melts and is brushed on the filets for excellent taste!
- Recent Herbs: Recent rosemary and thyme sprigs, however use any herbs you want.
- Entire Garlic Cloves: Peel complete garlic cloves then throw them within the skillet.
Filet Mignon Recipe
This recipe takes the guesswork out of cooking filet mignon. It’s really fairly easy to get a steakhouse-worthy end result at residence! Serve it for a weeknight dinner or for particular events. Everybody will likely be impressed as a result of that is the perfect filet mignon with probably the most superb taste!
- Relaxation the Meat and Preheat the Oven: First, permit the meat to sit down at room temperature for 20 minutes earlier than cooking. Then, preheat the oven to 400 levels Fahrenheit.
- Warmth the Oil within the Pan: In a big forged iron skillet over medium-high warmth, add the olive oil. Be certain the skillet is oven-safe. Warmth the oil till it’s nearly to smoke, then add the steak.
- Season the Steak: Season the steak with salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings generously on each side.
- Sear the Steak on Each Sides: Add the seasoned steaks to the new skillet and prepare dinner till seared and browned on each side, about 2 minutes per facet.
- Add the Butter, Garlic, and Herbs: Add the butter, garlic cloves, rosemary, and thyme sprigs.
- Switch the Skillet to the Oven: Switch the skillet to the preheated oven and prepare dinner to your liking. Test the temperature of the steaks earlier than inserting them within the oven as a result of they might be near your required doneness. The steaks will solely prepare dinner within the oven for lower than 5 minutes.
- Baste the Steak With the Melted Herb Butter: Take away the steaks from the oven when it reaches your required temperature then baste them with melted butter from the skillet.
- Cowl and Relaxation the Steaks: Final, cowl the steaks with foil then permit them to relaxation for five minutes earlier than slicing and having fun with!
Grilling Filet Mignon
Comply with the directions for seasoning the filets then place them face down on the new grill grates. Sear undisturbed for five minutes with the lid down. Flip the filets and sear for a further 5 minutes with the quilt down. Test the temperature and prepare dinner till medium-rare for finest outcomes. That is 130-135 levels Fahrenheit. Relaxation the meat earlier than slicing and revel in!
Filet Mignon Ideas
Cooking steak can appear intimidating, however I’m right here to assist! It’s simpler than you suppose and I like how briskly it cooks. Listed below are a few further issues to remember in order that pretty minimize of beef you’ve got seems completely!
- Test the Temperature: The recipe cooks your filet mignon to medium-rare, however in the event you favor a special stage of doneness, prepare dinner your steak till it reaches the next inner temperature: uncommon (120-125 levels F), medium uncommon (130-135 levels F), medium (140-145 levels F), medium properly (150-155 levels F), or properly completed (160 levels F and above.) Insert the meat thermometer into the thickest a part of the steak.
- Let it Relaxation: As soon as your filet mignon has reached your required temperature, let it relaxation. This helps to lock in all of the tasty juices and make your steak further tender. I often let my steaks relaxation for about 10 minutes.
- Reduce In opposition to the Grain: Chopping the meat towards the grain means reducing it in the other way of the traces or fibers you see within the meat. So, at all times minimize your filet mignon towards the grain for a tastier and extra tender chunk!
Storing Leftover Filet Mignon
Leftover filet mignon hardly ever occurs, however when it does it’s the perfect day ever! Your filet mignon will likely be at its tastiest contemporary out of the oven, however if in case you have leftovers, right here’s how one can maintain them contemporary. Comply with my directions beneath for storing and reheating leftovers.
- Within the Fridge: Switch any leftover steak to an hermetic container and retailer them within the fridge. It is going to keep good for 3-4 days.
- To Reheat: Reheat leftovers low and gradual! I like to recommend 15-20 minutes at 275 levels Fahrenheit.
Pin this now to search out it later
Permit the meat to sit down at room temperature for 20 minutes earlier than cooking, then preheat the oven to 400 levels Fahrenheit.
In a big forged iron skillet over medium-high warmth, add the olive oil. Be certain the skillet is oven-safe. Warmth the oil till it is nearly to smoke proper earlier than the steak is added.
Season the steak with salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings generously on each side.
Add the seasoned steaks to the new skillet and prepare dinner till seared and browned on each side, about 2 minutes per facet.
Add the butter, garlic cloves, rosemary, and thyme sprigs.
Switch the skillet to the preheated oven and prepare dinner to your liking. Test the temperature of the steaks earlier than inserting them within the oven as a result of they might be near your required doneness. The steaks will solely prepare dinner within the oven for lower than 5 minutes.
Take away the steaks from the oven when it reaches your required temperature then baste them with melted butter from the skillet. I like my steak medium-rare, round 120-130 levels Fahrenheit.
Cowl the steaks with foil and permit them to relaxation for five minutes earlier than slicing and having fun with!
Energy: 665kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 31gFats: 59gSaturated Fats: 24gPolyunsaturated Fats: 3gMonounsaturated Fats: 26gTrans Fats: 0.5gLdl cholesterol: 150mgSodium: 175mgPotassium: 536mgFiber: 0.3gSugar: 0.1gVitamin A: 363IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 27mgIron: 4mg
Vitamin data is routinely calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.