Including contemporary corn to cornbread muffins makes them moist and scrumptious, you’ll by no means know they’re mild!
For years, I attempted to make a more healthy, low-fat cornbread, however I by no means favored the outcomes and at all times gave up. That was till I examined a cornbread recipe for Skinnytaste Easy utilizing grated zucchini that got here out so completely. I now have a fantastic base, which I used to create this wholesome cornbread muffin recipe. This model provides moisture and sweetness with contemporary corn kernels, they usually’re PERFECT! Serve this as a aspect dish, or get pleasure from it for breakfast! For an additional cornbread recipe, don’t miss my Cornbread Stuffing. And in case you’re in search of extra bread recipes to serve for the vacations, strive these Garlic Cheddar Biscuits and Garlic Knots.
Why This Corn Muffin Recipe Works!
- Make Forward: Should you’re serving these candy cornbread muffins for the vacations, make them a day or two earlier than your occasion and retailer them in an hermetic container.
- Simple Facet Dish: This cornbread pairs nicely with many various meals, all the pieces from soups and chilis to meat and rooster with greens.
- Wholesome: I used much less oil than most cornbread muffin recipes, so one serving solely has __calories. Plus, the contemporary corn provides additional vitamins, like B nutritional vitamins and vitamin C.
Cornbread Muffin Components
- Corn: Lower off the kernels from two ears of corn.
- Cornmeal: You’ll want a cup of coarse yellow cornmeal.
- Flour: Use all-purpose or gluten-free flour, like Cup4Cup.
- Granulated Sugar provides these cornbread muffins some sweetness.
- Baking Powder helps the muffins rise.
- Kosher Salt balances the sweetness and improves the feel.
- Milk: Use a cup of almond or skim milk.
- Eggs: You’ll want three massive eggs.
- Oil: Select a impartial oil, like canola or grapeseed.
The way to Make Cornbread Muffins
- Pulse the corn in a meals processor.
- Dry Components: Whisk the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and a teaspoon of salt.
- Moist Components: Make a nicely in the course of the dry substances, and add the milk, eggs, corn, and oil. Stir simply till the combination comes along with only some remaining lumps.
- Bake: Pour the batter right into a muffin pan sprayed with oil, and bake at 400°F for 15 to twenty minutes. They’re prepared after they’re golden and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clear.
- Corn: Swap contemporary corn for canned or thawed, frozen corn.
- Add Components: Like cheese, jalapeños, contemporary herbs for various flavors.
- Baking Pan: Be at liberty to bake this cornbread in an 9-inch spherical cake pan for 22 to 25 minutes.
The way to Maintain Cornbread from Sticking to Muffin Pan
You possibly can stop cornbread muffins from sticking to the pan in a number of methods:
- Generously spray your muffin tin with oil.
- Use a silicone muffin pan.
- Use parchment paper liners within the muffin cups.
What to Serve with Cornbread Muffins
These moist cornbread muffins can be nice paired with so many various meals.
Suggestions for Moist Muffins:
- Don’t Overmix: Overmixing the batter could make the muffins robust.
- Corn Kernels: Including corn kernels can provide your muffins additional moisture and texture.
- Test Early: Begin checking for doneness a couple of minutes earlier than the timer goes off to stop over-baking.
- Storage: Retailer any leftover muffins in an hermetic container to maintain them moist.
The way to Maintain Cornbread Muffins from Drying Out
To maintain cornbread muffins moist, storing them in an hermetic container is important. They will keep at room temperature for as much as 3 days, however I favor to maintain them refrigerated for as much as 5 days or frozen for 3 months. Reheat them within the microwave or oven till heat.
Extra Corn Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 12 servings
Serving Dimension: 1 muffin
Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin generously with oil.
Place corn in a mini meals processor and pulse a number of instances.
In a medium bowl, whisk the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
Make a nicely within the heart of the dry substances and add the milk, eggs, corn and three tablespoons impartial oil, comparable to canola or grapeseed. Stir simply till the combination comes collectively and only some lumps stay.
Pour the batter into the ready muffin pan and bake for 15 to twenty minutes, or golden and a toothpick inserted into heart will come out clear.
Let the muffins cool within the pan for a couple of minutes, serve heat or chilly.
Please depart a score and remark letting us know the way you favored this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 muffin, Energy: 170 kcal, Carbohydrates: 27 g, Protein: 4 g, Fats: 5.5 g, Saturated Fats: 1 g, Ldl cholesterol: 46.5 mg, Sodium: 237 mg, Fiber: 1.5 g, Sugar: 9 g