These Coconut Cookies are a hybrid of coconut macaroons and a meringue cookie, however with added corn flake crumbs. Scrumptious and gluten-free!
To-Die-For Coconut Cookies
The primary time I made these meringues, I almost inhaled them proper out of the oven! A number of of my different favourite styles of meringue cookies embody Sprinkle Dipped Meringues, Black and White Chocolate Chip Clouds, Chocolate Chip Clouds and Peppermint Meringues.
With the vacations rapidly approaching, I’m positive a lot of you might be busy baking! This recipe was emailed to me some time in the past by a girl who advised me these have been “to die for” therefore the identify. I held on to it for some time with intentions of making an attempt it for the vacations, and I used to be tremendous happy with the outcomes–I believe you can be too!
- egg whites
- granulated sugar
- cream of tartar
- sweetened coconut flakes
- crushed corn flake crumbs
How To Make Coconut Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350F°. Line two sheet pans with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a really clear steel bowl, with very clear beaters, whip the egg whites, cream of tartar and sugar right into a meringue till you kind thick mushy peaks, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Fold within the coconut and corn flake crumbs.
- Drop by spoonful onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 18 minutes or till golden.
- For the corn flake crumbs, you should buy gluten-free crushed cornflakes in lots of supermarkets or make your individual, simply put them within the meals processor and crush till very nice. If gluten free is a matter, test the labels on the cornflakes, not all are GF.
- Don’t have cornflakes? Crushed rice chex cereal additionally works nice.
- As these are meringues, you wish to be certain that your beaters and bowls are very clear, I choose steel or glass bowls. Additionally be certain that not one of the yolk will get into the egg whites, or they might not prove.
- Fold in some mini chocolate chips on the finish for variations.
Retailer leftovers in an air-tight container.
How To Make Coconut Cookies (Meringues)
Extra Cookies You Will Love
Yield: 28 cookies
Serving Measurement: 2 cookies
Preheat oven to 350F°. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicon mats.
Whip the eggs whites, cream of tartar and sugar right into a meringue till you kind thick mushy peaks, about 8 – 10 minutes.
Fold within the coconut and corn flake crumbs.
Drop by spoonful onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
Bake for about 18 minutes or till golden.
Please go away a score and remark letting us understand how you favored this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 2 cookies, Energy: 188 kcal, Carbohydrates: 19 g, Protein: 1.5 g, Fats: 2.5 g, Sodium: 53 mg, Fiber: 2 g, Sugar: 14 g